• Argosy Partner, Alfonso Yuchengco, was CEO of Rizal Commercial Banking Corp, a leading universal bank in the Philippines that is active in corporate lending, consumer finance, trust services and investment bank. He was involved in restructuring the bank after the Asian crisis in 1997-1998.
• Argosy Partner, A B Colayco, was President of AIG Investment Corporation, New York based unit of AIG managing all investments outside the US (primarily Europe, Asia, Latin America), including third party financial services units in residential mortgages, pension funds, mutual funds and private equity funds. He is currently the non-executive chairman of the Philippine subsidiary of a leading international insurance broker and risk manager, and director of the Philippine subsidiary of a leading regional bank.
• Argosy Partner, Ricardo Lazatin, is a senior commercial and investment banker with over 40 years experience in the Philippine capital market has worked with the top universal banks in the country. He was formerly the Executive Vice President, Chief Credit Officer and Chief Loan Recovery Officer of the Rizal Commercial Banking Corp. He is currently the President/CEO of CEOs Inc.; and Home Funding Inc.. He was the President/CEO of FEB Leasing and Finance Corp.; Senior Vice President and Group Head of Far East Bank & Trust Co.; Director /President of the Phil. Association of Finance Companies; Director/ Officer/Vice President of the Financial Executive Institute of the Philippines (FINEX); and former Director of many companies.
• Advised established development bank on bringing in international fund as a strategic partner and $10 million capital raising.
• Advised major international bank in acquiring over $150 million nominal value debt portfolios and non- performing loans of Philippine banks.
• Advised leading retail group on corporate debt restructuring.
• Established first SPC under the Securitization Act focused on home finance.
• Advised management of a leading remittance company on their MBO.
• Advised a regional stock exchange seeking to link up with a local exchange.
• Argosy affiliates include Home Funding Inc.., specialty mortgage funder.
• Strong relationships with banks (universal, commercial, rural banks).
• Strong relationships with potential distribution partners for banks and retailers.
Business Process Outsourcing
• Advised a major international company on the acquisition of a leading Philippine outsourcing company for over $40 million.
• Acquired a minority stake in a $25 million revenue Nasdaq listed call center; advising the company on building Philippine operations.
• Acquired significant stake in BPO company focused on accounting and processing services.
• Established joint venture with US based BPO consulting company for Philippine operations.
• Advising $50 million revenue call center on equity fund raising.
• Argosy principal’s executive recruitment firm is a leader in BPO industry hiring and active on the board of the BPO industry association.
• Argosy Partner, A B Colayco, is the Country Chairman, Philippines, of an international conglomerate whose distribution arm is a leading distributor of agricultural crop protection products. He has supervised three sugar mills and initiated development of 8000 has of captive sugar plantations. His work experience includes the marketing division of a fertilizer and ag-chem company in the Philippines. Mr. Colayco is a director of a leading export fruit producer and distributor supplying Japan, Korea and China. The company is privately owned and affiliated with a major Asian business group.
• Strong relationships with owners and/or top management of leading corporate agribusinesses in pineapple, bananas and other crops, and access to farming cooperatives.
• Advising leading specialty retailer and community mall owner on capital raising and restructuring.
• Advised international private equity investor on investment in leading food company.
• Advised international oil services company on Philippine entry strategy.
• Advising multinational food company subsidiary on Philippine entry strategy.
Food and Beverage
• Advised major multinational group on joint venture with leading Philippine food company
• Advised a large Philippine conglomerate on offer to acquire a food processing company.
• Advised international specialty food company on materials sourcing from Philippines.
• Advised global food company on entry strategy in the Philippines
• Advised large European beverage company on Philippine market strategy
• Partnered with leading international bank to acquire distressed real estate from banks.
• Financial adviser to leading specialist developer of BPO buildings on the entry of a major strategic investor; co-adviser with major international bank on non-recourse long term financing for portfolio.
• Established specialty housing developer focused on vacant lots in prime subdivisions.
• Advised international property portfolio manager seeking investments in the Philippines.
• Argosy principal is non-executive chairman of Colliers Philippines; founder and non-executive director of residential property developer owned by major institutions; former director of listed developer in Singapore.
• Argosy principal assisted Philippine affiliate of major international property company in raising external equity funding for new project.
• Led investor consortium in acquisition of pioneer micro-grid developer/operator; expanded business to distributed/mid-size power solutions ( thermal and renewable)
• Advised international investment fund on $35 million investment in leading power and infrastructure company.
• Established specialty engineering company focused on energy saving technology solutions.
• Established joint venture with leading conglomerate focused on small clean coal power plants.
• Engineering affiliate assisted in power feasibility study for large mining project.
Energy & Mining
• Advised mining company on entry of strategic partners for developing major ore deposits.
• Advised international mining company on financing and new opportunities in Philippines.
• Arranged exploration JV for Philippine copper project.
• Argosy principal was senior advisor on Philippine project of major international mining company and board member of Canadian listed mining company.
• Arranged exploration and development JV for Philippine coal project.
• Arranged acquisition financing for Australian coal mine.
• Advised Asian power company on acquiring coal properties in Southeast Asia and Australia.
• Advised geothermal developer on strategic investor financing
• Advised major international private equity fund on sale of a leading chain of Philippine medical and diagnostics laboratory clinics.
• Advised leading pharmaceutical company regarding India entry strategy, regional expansion.
• Acquired a leading waterproofing and industrial flooring solution business.
• Advised top heavy equipment manufacturer on distribution in the Philippines
• Advised Asian footwear exporter on establishment of Philippine export platform
Media & Entertainment
• Established the first and leading online game publisher in the Philippines and Brazil; raised over $20 million in new equity for international expansion; sold to major international internet conglomerate
• Advised and co-invested with international private equity investors in leading independent movie/TV/ video company.
• Argosy Partner is senior adviser to a leading Asia–Pacific digital marketing company.
• Restructured an inspection services company specializing in testing raw material components for the electronics industry to become one of the leading inspection centers in the Philippines with operations in Malaysia. The company is now an ISO 9001:2000 TUV-certified company.
• Advised a leading logistics company on the restructuring of its corporate debt.
• Advising a local telecommunications company on settling US$6.0 million in corporate debt.
• Advised leading transport and logistics group on international fund raising strategy.
• Advised an Australian-listed company on divestment of its 40% stake in one of the oldest telecommunications company in the Philippines.
• Raised US$6M for the leading Hospitality School in the Philippines.